The 6th annual Festival Dionysia is now wrapped and a success! Now it’s time for us to look ahead and plan for the next year.
The mainstage production of the Player’s Club is open for all directors wanting to direct any play.
Please fill out the attached UBCPC Mainstage Proposal and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8th.
Generally the plays should be 45 ~ 90 minutes long, and if it is relatively short it may be part of a double bill.
We’re waiting for all the talented directors out there!
We’re all about theatre, but social events are also happening.
They are such good opportunities to meet new people who share the same interests with you. Like last week’s bar night, which was filled with booze, snacks and fun activities.
There are more social events like this in the planning process, so come out, have fun, and hang out with us!
Festival Dionysia is back!
Here is a list of the one act plays that will be performed.
1) Our Place— written by Tomas Balli; directed by Jayda Novak
2) Family Matters— written by Danika Enad; directed by Stefan Zubovic
3) The Levee— written by Taylor Mac; directed by Tomas Balli
4) Lonely Hearts— written by David Lewis; directed by Scott Franchuk
5) Doris, Darling!— written by Linnea Ritland; directed by Sebastian Ochoa-Mendoza
6) Bedtime— written by Mary Gallagher; directed by Madelaine Walker
*All except The Levee and Bedtime are original pieces by UBC students.
As we’re settling into the new year of 2017, the Player’s Club is presenting events that will pull you through the assignments, midterms and papers this term.
Be sure to mark your calendars:
1) Storm Crow bar night (Friday, Feb. 3rd)
- Arrive any time after 5 pm, snack platters will be provided!
2) Musical Theatre workshop (Monday, Feb. 27th )
- Musical Theatre Troupe is returning after last term’s much successful workshop!
3) CiTR workshop: How to record for radio theatre (Date TBA)
- Either March 20th, 21st, or 22nd.
4) Bowling Night! (Friday, March 31st)
5) Players Prom (Date TBA)
(Location for most events is TBA)
Come join us on October 27th for a presentation of Joan MacLeod’s The Shape of a Girl, directed by Elana Mabrito and starring Anni Ramsay, two key members of the UBC Players Club.
The show will be followed by a brief talkback where we discuss the issues that arise in the text. We are interested in using the power of theatre and performance as a way to facilitate change. We hope that you’ll join us for an evening of theatre and conversation!