The 6th annual Festival Dionysia is now wrapped and a success! Now it’s time for us to look ahead and plan for the next year.
The mainstage production of the Player’s Club is open for all directors wanting to direct any play.
Please fill out the attached UBCPC Mainstage Proposal and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8th.
Generally the plays should be 45 ~ 90 minutes long, and if it is relatively short it may be part of a double bill.
We’re waiting for all the talented directors out there!
We’re all about theatre, but social events are also happening.
They are such good opportunities to meet new people who share the same interests with you. Like last week’s bar night, which was filled with booze, snacks and fun activities.
There are more social events like this in the planning process, so come out, have fun, and hang out with us!
Since we were showered with positive feedbacks about the Musical Theatre workshop last term,
The Players Club proudly presents another to start things off after Reading Week!
All ages and experiences are welcome, it will be held like the previous one. The first half of the workshop dedicated to learning a number and the second half for learning the choreography.
At the end, we’ll put it together to perform for… ourselves. (Watch out for the cameras!)
Starting at 6 P.M, at Neville Scarfe 1003.
Hope to see you all there!
Festival Dionysia is back!
Here is a list of the one act plays that will be performed.
1) Our Place— written by Tomas Balli; directed by Jayda Novak
2) Family Matters— written by Danika Enad; directed by Stefan Zubovic
3) The Levee— written by Taylor Mac; directed by Tomas Balli
4) Lonely Hearts— written by David Lewis; directed by Scott Franchuk
5) Doris, Darling!— written by Linnea Ritland; directed by Sebastian Ochoa-Mendoza
6) Bedtime— written by Mary Gallagher; directed by Madelaine Walker
*All except The Levee and Bedtime are original pieces by UBC students.
As we’re settling into the new year of 2017, the Player’s Club is presenting events that will pull you through the assignments, midterms and papers this term.
Be sure to mark your calendars:
1) Storm Crow bar night (Friday, Feb. 3rd)
- Arrive any time after 5 pm, snack platters will be provided!
2) Musical Theatre workshop (Monday, Feb. 27th )
- Musical Theatre Troupe is returning after last term’s much successful workshop!
3) CiTR workshop: How to record for radio theatre (Date TBA)
- Either March 20th, 21st, or 22nd.
4) Bowling Night! (Friday, March 31st)
5) Players Prom (Date TBA)
(Location for most events is TBA)
It’s that time of the year again and we’re looking for actors for our 6th annual Festival Dionysia!
To audition, we would like you to prepare a monologue, maximum two minutes long. Contemporary is preferred, but not mandatory.
The dates are January 20th(4-9 PM) & 21st(9AM-9PM). (Callbacks January 22nd)
Auditions will be held at the NEST (The new student union building) in Room 2515.
To book an audition slot, please email: email@example.com
Please send us:
– A headshot (or a good clear photo of yourself)
– A theatre resume (if applicable, no experience necessary)
– Your contact information (email and phone number)
– Your preferred times on the audition days
Deadline to apply is the 19th of January.